- HOME ＞
- Product Information:About Morinaga's Infant Formulas ＞
- Preparation guide
- Product Information
About Morinaga's Infant Formulas
- Wash your hands before preparing the formula and always sterilize the bottles and utensils before use.
- To correctly prepare the formula, use the scoop provided. One level scoop is about 2.6g, equivalent to 20ml of formula.
- Prepare fresh formula for each feeding. Never feed your baby leftover or formula prepared in advance.
1Prepare necessary utensils
Designate the utensils used for preparing the formula, and keep them together so that anybody can prepare the formula.
2Disinfect the utensils
- Put water enough to cover the utensils and boil for about ten minutes. Nipples are weak against heat so boil them for about three minutes.
- Use a commercial, sterilizing container designed for microwave ovens.
Place washed feeding bottle and teat inside the container and add a small quantity of water, then heat in a microwave oven.
The steam inside the container sterilizes the contents.
- Find a container large enough to completely submerge the bottle.
Prepare the sterilizing fluid with the chemical solution as instructed, then fill the container and submerge the bottle and teat.
After the designated period of time has elapsed, dry the bottle and teat. Rinsing is not required.
3Put the powdered formula into the baby bottle.
Put the required number of level scoops of the powdered formula into a sterilized baby bottle, using the provided scoop.
4Dissolve the powdered formula
Boil a sufficient amount of water and allow the boiled water to cool to no less than 70˚C, while using caution not to scald your skin. Pour the water into the baby bottle, filling it to about 2/3 of the desired amount for feeding. Attach a nipple and hood to the bottle and shake well. Fill the bottle to the desired amount by adding water (either warm or cool) that has been sterilized by boiling, and shake gently.
5Cool and check the temperature of the
Place a few drops of milk on your inner arm, and if you feel it is slightly hot (about 40˚C), that is the appropriate feeding temperature.
6Feed the baby
Place the nipple fully into the baby's mouth. Keep the nipple filled with milk so that the baby will not suck in air.
After feeding, hold the baby upright and gently rub the baby's back from the waist upward to allow air to escape from the stomach.
How to store powdered formula
- Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- After opening the container, replace the lid tightly to keep out moisture, insects, dust, hair, etc., and store in a dry, cool and clean place. Use it up as soon as possible (within a month). Do not store in a refrigerator, as this may cause moisture to condense inside the container.
- After using the scoop, wash and dry it, and keep it clean. Do not leave the scoop inside the container.
- Unopened formula can be used safely until the expiration date printed on the bottom.